Friday, January 6, 2012

crush on the new girl

(image via wikimedia)
I’ve always been captivated by Zooey Deschanel. She’s pretty, without being intimidating, has a voice that makes you melt, can make you laugh and make you cry with her acting skills, and ultimately, has the kind of personality that you want to hang around with. In essence, she’s the mystical friend that you want to have!

So recently, while flicking through the television channels, upset that all the Christmas films are over; I stumbled across an advert starring Deschanel. New Girl, watch the pilot online now, I did and it didn’t disappoint.

It’s charming, witty and sweet, perfect TV viewing for the likes of me. For someone who is also constantly singing, acting super nerdy and used to having blank faces stare back at me, I could somewhat connect with Deschanel’s character Jess. Inviting men to watch with Jess’ comic nudity; while tapping into the emotional context of the cheating boyfriend routine for women, this is one Friday night programme that can be watched by all. From the pilot it gets better; yes, I proceeded to find the rest of the episodes online. With a small shake up of the basic flow of the characters and Coach being replaced by Winston (good move) has helped to make the characters seem realistic and relatable. Although there can be an element of predictability to the show, I do not think this is a negative thing. Not all shows have to leave you wondering what will happen next week or leave you on the edge of your seat. Most nights I want to sit with a glass of wine and unwind in front of some easy-going television. New Girl has everything I want; a will they storyline between Nick and Jess, a cute relationship between Jess and Paul (guest star, Justin Long) and the paternal instincts of Winston and Schmidt towards Jess. What’s that Golden Globe nominated show? It’s New Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment